Praxair, Inc. Instrumentation and Electrical Technician (McIntosh, AL) in McIntosh, Alabama
Instrumentation and Electrical Technician (McIntosh, AL)
Instrumentationand Electrical Technician (McIntosh, Alabama)
The United States Industrial Gas(USIG) division of Praxair, Inc. is
currently seeking an Instrument& Electrical Technician at our air
separation plant that provides lowcost, high purity industrial gases
to our customers via pipelines andliquid transport.
The overall objective of theInstrument & Electrical Technician is to
ensure the safe, reliable andefficient operation of the production
facility at the lowest life cyclecost. The Technician will be responsible for the management and execution ofpreventive/predictive programs and corrective maintenance solutions forinstrument and electrical systems and equipment at the McIntosh, Alabama site.This person will be expected to work independently and make technical decisionsand recommendations in the field.
1. Assist in site compliance withPraxair and Regulatory requirements for
personnel safety, process safety andenvironmental policies.
2. Troubleshoot, calibrate, maintainand repair analyzers; process control instrumentation; and, predictiveinstrumentation systems.
3. Troubleshoot, maintain and repairelectrical systems and equipment up
4. Preventive and predictivemaintenance of plant instrument and
5. Maintain data and documentationrelated to calibration,
preventive/predictive and correctiveactivities in site specific
management systems such as ProCaland EAM.
6. Manage inventory of criticalspares for instrument and electrical
equipment and systems.
7. Plan, schedule, estimate costs,coordinate and perform required
corrective and preventative/predictivework of instrument and electrical
systems during site outages.
8. Procure for site instrument andelectrical needs.
9. Assist in identifying andresolving chronic instrument and electrical
10. Support root cause analysisprogram for major failures of instrument
and electrical systems.
11. Contribute to mechanical andprocess reliability as needed.
12. Drive resolution of highestimpact issues with a strong sense of
urgency and integrity.
The technician must be able to readand interpret process and
instrumentation diagrams; electricalprints; and, technical manuals. In
addition, the candidate must be computerliterate; have strong
interpersonal skills; and, must beable to learn, function and contribute
in a fast-paced environment.
In this position, the technicianwill normally work day-shift Monday to
Friday. Availability andaccessibility to work after-hours on routine and
emergency site issues is required.The technician will be required to work in different weather conditions andmust be able to access elevated
instrument and electrical equipmentvia ladders, scaffolding, man-lifts
and crane baskets.
1. Minimum 5 years ofexperience in the maintenance of instrumentation
and/or electricalsystems in an industrial manufacturing environment.
2. Proven experience ininstallation, troubleshooting, inspection,
calibration and/orrepairs of industrial instrumentation and/or electrical systems and equipmentsuch as analyzers, process control devices, process measurement devices,switchgear, transformers and motors.
3. Proven experience inpreventive and predictive maintenance of
industrialinstrumentation and/or electrical systems and equipment.
4. Proven ability to useinstrumentation and electrical tools such as
meters, meggers,communicators and calibrators.
5. Proven ability toreview and interpret instrumentation and electrical
documentation such asP&ID, control schematics and electrical prints.
6. Excellentcommunication and team interaction skills.
7. Proven ability towork independently as well as lead/participate on
8. Proven experience asa self-starter, who effectively manages multiple
tasks, achieves resultswith minimal supervision and possesses excellent
documentation andrecord-keeping skills.
9. Proven experience incomputers and standard software packages (MS
Office, E-Mail etc.).
10. Proven experience incomputerized maintenance management systems such
as ProCal and EAM.
11. Proven understandingof regulatory and industrial standards and codes.
12. Proven familiaritywith standard reliability and maintenance
strategies such asplanning, PM programs, PdM programs and spare parts
1. Associate’s Degree inElectrical or Instrumentation
2. Proven understandingof regulatory and industrial standards and codes.
3. Successful completionof a 4-year electrical or instrumentation
4. Proven familiaritywith standard reliability and maintenance strategies such as planning, PMprograms, PdM programs and spare parts inventory management.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Primary Location Alabama-McIntosh
Req ID: 19001595